The most common type of fabric to use for a DIY lampshade is cotton. We just love using light-medium weight cottons because they're by far the easiest fabrics to work with when creating a DIY lampshade. But if you're like us, you may want to go that extra step in order to create a truly unique piece of decor for your home.
If you're following us on Pinterest, you may have noticed that we have a thing for unique lampshade materials. In today's round-up, we've put together ten of our favourite cotton-alternative lampshade materials to inspire your next home decor project.
Where can you find these beauties?
1. Harris Tweed Grey Herringbone Drum Shade by QUIRK UK
2. Brushed copper lampshade with a sunshine lining by Love Frankie
3. DIY sequinned lampshade by Refashionably Late
4. Anthropologie-inspired DIY Ruffled Burlap Shade by Mama Says Sew.
5. Geometric origami pendant lampshade by The 3Rs Blog
6. Denim Lampshade by Wooden Amsterdam
7. Leather table lamp by Diessi
8. Champagne crushed velvet drum lampshade by QUIRK UK
9. Lacey drum lampshade by Wilko
10. DIY wood veneer lampshade The Merry Thought
Comments will be approved before showing up.